Edgings To Crochet, Tat, & Knit
Art. J16 Book 0105
Second Edition
© 2001 Coats & Clark
Art. J16 Book 0105
Second Edition
© 2001 Coats & Clark

Summary: This is a small soft cover booklet of 25 pages. There are 23 crocheted edging patterns, 9 knitted edging patterns, and 10 tatted edging patterns. The tatting patterns are at the back of the book. There are written in vintage style instructions with a black and white photo of a sample edging accompanying each written pattern. Also included is a full color photo of all the tatted edgings on the inside of the back cover. 8 of the tatted edging patterns require only a "shuttle and ball" and 2 of them require 1 "shuttle only". These patterns would be good for a beginner who wants to orient themselves to the vintage style instructions. The ability to read vintage style patterns is a good skill to have because there are so many gorgeous patterns from vintage times that it opens up the possibilities the more types of instructions styles you learn to be comfortable reading! I could not find this book anywhere online at the time of this post (Jan. 3, 2010). I purchased it at a Walmart Store in 2004 in Southern California in the needlework section (they even have tatting shuttles, I'm happy to report).
The book shown is part of an "Alphabetized Index of my Personal Tatting Library" and is not for sale by me. I receive no financial compensation from any book sellers for posting or linking to any shops. Feel free to leave your own comments or review about this book in the comments.
♥
XOXO










No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for visiting my "Alphabetized Index of my Personal Tatting Library"!
Please feel free to add your own comments or reviews about this tatting book.
You are also welcome to ask questions, I will do my best to answer them or perhaps another commenter will have the answer!